Friday, February 12, 2010

Only 115 days until Saratoga Springs Tour de Cure

that's right. 115 days. If you are interested in participating in the Diabetes Foundation's biggest fundraiser, consider becoming a member of Team Blue Line Farm. We will be at Saratoga high School with the hundreds of other cyclists (I wish I could say thousands, but that is a downstate number) and will welcome any participants here at the cabin for a weekend of laughs. It is a beautiful ride through Saratoga Springs and the state park. I have begun my training already (have you ever seen the stairs to the second floor at the theatre? I have legs like a bull.) I am also looking forward to this event, because in June, all the snow will be gone. We can only hope right? This Valentine's Day Jerry and I will celebrate our EIGHTH wedding anniversary. It is so hard to believe the events that have gone by in those eight years. I look at our pictures and am shocked at how young our kids were. And now they are all growing up into their own persons. I am amazed at the blessing we have, and the celebrations we have shared. Eight years goes by fast. A lifetime goes by fast-fill it with good experiences and happy memories. Thank you Jerry. Happy Valentine's Day to everyone! Isn't it a fun holiday? Even if you have no "sweetheart", everyone is someone's valentine. It's just a day to share your love-parents, siblings, co-workers (well, OK, I can draw that line too) but really, just a day to celebrate our hearts and all they hold. And no gifts are necessary, just a pretty little card and some sentiment. No cooking, no big deal. Just I love you ( or really, really like you) and have a nice day. Perfect. And right on the heels of that, President's Day. A day off. IT JUST DOESN'T GET ANY BETTER THAN THIS DOES IT? Bear with me, I'm feeling a little blessed today. I choose to run with it. Have a great weekend.

No comments: