Thursday, October 29, 2009

Articulate!

I was going to talk about baseball this morning, because we stayed up (again) to watch the World Series, and I gotta say, these guys are borderline uninteligible. Between the slang, the mumbling and the run-on sentences, I now understand why they have to play baseball-because they can do nothing else. If someone gave the great Lou Gehrig line today it would sound like "aye yemda reely luck wold" or something like that. It's not a language problem, it is a speech problem. ARTICULATE! My point of view. I am not a big fan of neverending baseball. I love opening day-love a summer night where you can sit in the stands and watch a good game. But this neverending testosterone festival of high paid divas and commercial exploitation runs rather thin by October 29. Enough already. Let's move on to something else. there was a commemorative baseball bat for sale - $149. what do you do with THAT thing? Oh well. Only four more games (I'm being optimistic). Go Yankees. Go away.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You sound a bit bitter?

Lynda said...

You sound bitter!