Thursday, September 3, 2009

Morning break

This morning the temp is 48 degrees. Summer is still out there when you look out the window, but opening the door lets the cold in, and then the reality kicks in. Brrr. Allison and I are both already wearing our boots, cause these toes are cold. It is hard dressing for work, because here in Caroga the temp is colder by 5-10 degrees. Then I get into town, and I'm clearly overdressed and feeling uncomfortably hot. Its a dilemma. I have been at the theatre almost non-stop since I took this job, and I feel like we're making alot of progress. The volunteers I am working with are the most dedicated people I've ever met. It makes it fun to work with such driven and passionate people. I'm working from home this morning because I need a full-time up and running telephone. So here I am. Back at the blog. I have missed blogging every day, but also feel I have more to bring to the table, so to speak. It's a different world just 5 miles down the mountain. Gloversville is a bustling busy community with a downtown that is charming and frustrating at the same time. There are those whose businesses are open and busy and clearly doing well. And then there are those who open, say . . on Tuesday and Wednesday from 12-3. It's like they are trying to fail. I wonder who has it right? I'm still working on that. I like to think that hard work makes for success. But here in the Adirondacks, defining success is not so easy. It will be an interesting transition for me, because sitting on the porch and dealing with fiber and house remodeling has been the focus of our first year here. Now I'm off to work and more traditionally productive. Which is the healthier lifestyle? I don't know for sure, but I think a balance is most important. That is the tough part - finding that balance.

No comments: