Saturday, August 29, 2009

Rolling along. . .

Well, this is my first Saturday in a while that I am not at the Glove, nor should I be at the Glove. I'm kind of enjoying this respite, however brief. Clint and Joanne will be here today, after dropping the girls off at their respective facilities of higher learning. Good luck to all the school bound and re-bound. A year goes by quick doesn't it? Our dogs are pacing because it is a rainy day, and no one likes to get out among the wet grass. Our pasture was re-seeded this week, professionally I might add. Maybe this is the key to having it really take. We have not been happy with last year's seed job, and so were reluctant to even consider putting alpaca/goats on the pasture. Not that it was a huge issue as we still have no barn and no permit. These things will take time and focus. Now that September is almost here, I will again refocus to the permit and see if we can't get something accomplished this year in the livestock department. Our studio is close to being complete downstairs (close. . . ) and that will allow us a place to process fiber and make it into yarn. I am slowly returning to my old self. I am able to do multiple tasks while driving, that is saying something isn't it? To say that I feel 100% is a gross exageration of the truth, but I'm getting there. Jackie and Jesse are off for the great birthday trip to Las Vegas, doing what people do in Las Vegas. I know they are having a good time, and Blue is being dog-sat by a good friend who will spoil him as he is accustomed to. Speaking of spoiled, Jake and Jerry have returned from Pennsylvania. Their absence here made it very easy to spot the squeaky wheel - it's Jake. While they were away, Daphne and Bailey got along swimmingly. Everyone was cooperative and they actually hung together while outside, keeping an eye out for the other's well-being. Remarkable. Jake came back and all of a sudden there is barking going on for the slightest infraction of his schedule. Hmmmm. How did this happen? Jerry. He spoils Jake to the point of even Bailey rolling his eyes. So things are back to normal, somewhat. We watch the clock and wait for the Rowlands to get here. Another day at Blue Line Farm and Apiary. . .

No comments: