Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Rambling thoughts. . .

Dear Anonymous. It was not deliberate. It was absolutely self-defense. I saw it. The bat was carrying a concealed weapon. We are living through the porch construction, and loving every minute of it. Forward progress. This porch faces my absolute favorite view, out the front of the house. I used to have to sit on the steps, which were really just staggered pieces of wood, and have my morning coffee there. It was the sunny spot in the early morning. Now, we will be able to sit on the porch in a comfortable seat and enjoy our coffee. In the spring of course. Right now, sitting outside is not at the top of my list. Getting outside is important, but the plan is to keep warm and keep moving. We observed a caravan of electrical contractor trucks coming from Michigan when we were driving on Route 90 Saturday night. Albany county took a really hard hit. When we received snow last week, they all received an ice storm of drastic proportions. Schools are still closed, and trucks just keep coming. It is amazing to me how states will send their emergency assistance wherever needed. These contractors had approximately an 11 hour trip from Michigan, and they came without question. The caravan was quite long, and we observed two different groups on the trip West, and the trip back East at 10:00 PM. Albany county is really hurting. The temperature changed yesterday into the 40s, which was helpful. It allowed some of the frozen branches and electrical work to be done without interference from ice. Tomorrow, we are expecting more snow, and temperatures in the teens, but the ice factor is supposed to be minimal. I hope so. We had no problems with electric because, well, we were prepared. As soon as that generator went in and was functional, our chances of ever losing electric and needing its services dropped to nil. It will sit there and rot before we'll need a generator. That's OK. If Murphy's Law works in our favor, I'm all for it. Only when it works against me am I a cynic. Just as it never rains until you wash your car, we are planning on a stress-free winter. OOOPS. I just changed the odds.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jerry, Jen just about convicted you in her blog. I think she made an easy case for the D.A. Poor little bat......