Tuesday, November 4, 2008

VOTING

If everyone in Caroga Lake shows up to vote at the same time, it would be 1200 people. Total. That's the size of the town of Caroga Lake. As I've mentioned before the Republicans outnumber the Democrats 3 to 1, but it is a friendly rivalry. The process works here without much incident. I'm glad. I love to vote. I always feel so happy to take part in the process. I tried to relay that to Jackie and Walter and Allison when they were growing up. I dragged them with me so they would feel comfortable at the polling place, and even accompanied Jackie into the booth for her first presidential election (she wanted me to! And unbeknownst to me, you can do that!) It was a thrill to see her vote. I won't be available to accompany Walter for his first presidential election, but I feel confident that he will be voting today. Right Walter? I don't like to tell the kids how to vote, but I have no problem telling them that they MUST vote. And so, I'll say it again - GET OUT THERE AND VOTE! ALL OF YOU!
There. I've done my Motherly duty. Now, onto something else, because I am SO over this election. I want to watch TV without commercials that are spun around fear and questionable truths. I'm almost looking forward to the Christmas commercials that will surely fill the airwaves tomorrow. There is only so much time you know, and the christmas commercials I'm sure have been waiting impatiently in the wings for some air time. After all, It's November 4th already! Time's a wastin'. Decorations are beginning to appear, and with the snow and all, it is beginning to look ALOT like Christmas. This is the second time I have had a surgery in November, and so I will probably be utilizing the internet again for Christmas shopping. It is a wonderful thing the internet. And with free shipping, you just can't go wrong. There are a few local stops I have to make, but other than that, it's easy this year. I have a funny feeling that this year will bring a much less excessive shopping season, and a more spiritual Christmas. I hope so. We need to start helping each other, everywhere. We have a food kitchen at our church every Sunday, that is open for the public to come and eat a meal, and to take home a few meals as well. It is heartbreaking to see the line at the door when Church is over. These people are lining up for FOOD! It definitely puts our "needs" in perspective. Well, I've preached enough for today. But what the heck, it can't hurt! Have a great day and don't forget your civic duty. Go USA!

No comments: