Monday, November 3, 2008

Daylight Savings Time

I am feeling like a million bucks. I have missed that hour since May, and here it is - back again! Thank you! As we know from Noah the Amish cabinetmaker, the Amish do not participate in the daylight savings time program. As he said, the cows know better. So, there is no change for our Amish friends down the road. But for me, the change is remarkable. I am grateful for that extra hour. I accomplished great things yesterday, and today I plan to do the same. Of course, I'm back at the costume shop - busy hours this week. Lots of returns coming in again today. There were lots of Halloween parties over the weekend, so the holiday goes on and on for us. If I never see a feather boa again I will be happy. Trying to vacuum feathers off the floor of the shop is like trying to nail jello to a tree. They just keep moving! Halloween was lots of fun. For me and Allison anyway. Poor Jerry had to deal with septic tank issues. I'll go no further with that. I'll let him explain, just as soon as he is able to talk about it. It was rough. Allison and I went into Johnstown-I went to a party and she went trick or treating with friends. It was a good time. The house I was at was in the center of town, and their party started years ago the first year they were living in this house, which happens to be across the street from the Junior High School and in the center of a busy and young neighborhood. The first year, they were calling friends frantically and saying "have you got kids? NO? Good! Bring your candy over here-we're swamped!" That's how the party started. It was not a costume gig, which I was actually relieved about. Enough with the costumes! But they had delicious soup and hor's d'eouvres and we all sat on the huge porch (victorian house-my favorite!) and watched the kids TorT. This house had three daughters in their 20's who participated in the questioning of the kids. No treats without a trick! All kids were asked a simple question (who is buried in Grant's tomb?) with an occasional toughie thrown in. All were given candy with lots of laughs. It was a great time. Jerry considered showing up as Ed Norton (gas mask and all) but was just too pooped (sorry, I couldn't help it!) to go anywhere. As I've said before, he is my hero. The giants have won, and Halloween is behind us. All is good with the world. Now we just need to get this election done with, and I can actually turn the TV back on. VOTE! Vote your heart, but Vote! and whatever happens on Tuesday, God bless America - all of us.

No comments: