Thursday, December 31, 2009

au revoir 2009

Not a bad year, as years go. There have been worse, for sure. Today is the last day of 2009. It already feels old doesn't it? I used to have so much trouble transitioning from one year to the next-I would write the wrong year for days. Now, I'm writing the wrong year days before it happens. Foresight? I think not. Today is also, what would have been my Mother's 78th birthday. Kind of a mixed day - sad with lots of happy memories. Peaceful Rest Mom. We miss you. Tonight's festivities begin around 8 PM for the public, but around 4 PM for those of us at the Glove who are working behind the scenes. It should be a lovely evening, now that the heat has been rescued. Crisis averted! Once again, Jerry has stepped up and saved the day. My guy. smooch. There is a scheduled polar plunge tomorrow at 1:00. The pre-game starts at Vrooman's Hotel at 11 AM. This is a bloody mary breakfast festival that we are planning on possibly attending. Possible plan. This is a new term in my vocabulary. It works much better than definite plan, or maybe, or other such nearly optimistic phrases. Possible plan means that we're not even at the planning stage yet. We're just mulling over the details and might consider making it a plan, which is even less definite than having a plan. Having a plan means you are definitely on board with something on your schedule. But less concrete than booking it. Planning it still leaves a door open, such as I was planning on that, but it didn't pan out. Not as though it was cancelled, it just never went any further than a plan. Ya know what I mean? Anyway, it's a possible plan. The other possible plan for new Year's day is nothing. Planning nothing requires as much forethought as any other type of plan. You have to make sure you have the right equipment (chocolate milk, french toast, chips and dip-whatever necessities will make your doing nothing plan do-able.) I'm thinking that showing up somewhere where THEY are planning the food is an integral part of my plan, which could also be considered home, as Jerry generally does the food planning. Hmmm. We have alot of decisions to be made for Jan. 1, 2010. I'm exhausted from all this planning and need a nap if I'm going to stay up until 1:00 AM. "Jennifer" and "1 AM" don't usually appear in the same sentence, unless its to say "She never made it to 1 AM". Happy New Year and many blessings to our family and friends in the new year. My resolution? Let's make more time to enjoy each other's company. I'm planning on it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love it when you speak French