Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Thanksgiving

As the week gets closer to Thanksgiving Day, I cannot help but reflect on the past year and the things that I am thankful for. I will save you from the full list, but I can tell you that way up at the top is just the word "life". It kind of pulls it all together-just that one word. It means that all that I am, and all that I do, and all that surrounds me, is good. And that is how I feel, this year especially. I am at that age when I am having the opportunity to see my children as they reach adulthood and make choices about their futures and their partners. I am proud of them all, and happy that I approve of their choice, even when my opinion is not sought. Inside I feel that happiness, and it feels good. What a treat to get to see the child that you poured your heart and soul into turn around and begin to apply the lessons and the passions that you helped to nurture, into their own lives. How cool it is to watch them seek their own happiness and fulfillment. So yeah, Life is Good. And that is what I am thankful for. My Life, and everyone in it. Happy Thanksgiving. God Bless.

No comments: