Saturday, November 15, 2008

not much to say - or do

There's no controlling him now.
It's a rainy and dismal day. I'm practicing being an invalid. I have it down to an almost perfect routine. I should be a barrel of laughs by Tuesday. The woods and the pasture look positively dreary. The colored leaves are now a bed on the floor of the woods. It is beautiful in it's starkness, but not something I need to see up close. It's the kind of day where you just want to cozy up to the pellet stove and play cards or read a book. The three of us are well suited that way. We all like to read and can pass the day without much trouble or effort. Daphne and Jake are also on the lazy train. I am missing the L.I. kids, as I always do when we have just seen them. It takes a few days to get used to it being just us three. But we are always looking forward to the next visit. There is a section in our local newspaper that lists all the activities of the weekend for informational purposes. Any theater, benefit, church dinners or band gigs that would interest anyone. That's where we go to find out what is going on. I'm missing alot of things this weekend, but we just didn't feel like getting our selves out there. After partying the night away last Monday, we are in slo-mo. I am typing right now with both hands, but as of Tuesday will be hunting and pecking with the right hand only. There are so many things I need to catch up on before that happens, and instead I'm laying around reading and watching the tube. Shame on me. Keep in touch. We love those mails.

No comments: