Monday, March 29, 2010

Rain, Not Snow.

This is a good thing. Although there are still mounds of snow here and there, I suspect that this is it for the season. There is still snow on Royal Mountain, but we are beginning to see patches of brown interspersed, and the lifts appear to be shut off. I'm afraid to say it out loud, but I will stick my neck out in the written word and say that spring has sprung. I'm not saying it with my mouth yet, just my typed words. The jinx is too dangerous. We begin rehearsals for Alice In Wonderland tonight, and the show will be presented live May 21-23. We have a cast with wide ranging ages and experience, and it should prove to be quite an undertaking. I'd like to take a moment to say hi to my family and friends, because I will probably be missing for the next six weeks or so. I hope I'm only kidding, but the possibility exists. It's a little scary and a little exciting too. We're on our way. . . Jerry is home from his LI trip and very much welcomed back by the canines and their Alpha Number Two. Actually, I think I might be Alpha number five, but I'm not giving up so easily. I've taken to calling Daphne "Diva" because, well, it fits. Essentially, she does what the hell she wants whenever the hell she wants to. She has been spending way too much time with Jake I guess. Bailey still listens to me, but it also takes a few more seconds for him to respond then it used to. I guess he's heading down that slippery slope with the rest of them. Saturday, after standing out on the porch and yelling and whisteling and basically doing the whole song and dance, I just closed the door on the whole bunch of them and rattled the cooking jar a bit. They came back expecting great things, but a few moments too late. I gave out NO cookies. My little passive-aggressive way of making a point. Did they get it? I'm not sure. We're not on a conversational basis, yet. Jerry peaks and they all hear him. How does that happen? I haven't figured it out yet, but I'm trying. I've even tried lowering my voice to that deep register that seems to work for him. Nothin. Nada. Zippo. Jerry's audiologist seems to think that his hearing loss only applies to the upper registers that include women and teenagers. I think that is just a wild excuse, not for "hearing Loss" but for "interest loss". That's a little too convenient, don't you think? If I ignore you, I will not blame it on Hearing. I'm just sayin. . .

1 comment:

Mableton Author said...

Absolutely loved reading your blogs, and you have done a magnificent job in crating them. They make me long to return to the beautiful upstate New York region. Keep up the excellent postings.
Wayne