Wednesday, September 9, 2009

There goes my baby. . .

When I stop and think about it, it just doesn't seem possible that I am old enough to have a 15 year old-a tenth grader! How did this happen? WHEN did this happen? When I realize that she is my youngest-my BABY! I can hardly believe it. I am still working out what I want to be when I GROW UP! And she's right behind me! Today was the first day of school. I was getting a little panicky last week when it dawned on me that we had not received the bus pass in the mail yet, when Allison reminded me, "duh Mom, they come to the house." Right. It's a little different here. I forgot. It's only been a year, but we're still finding our way. I was at the schools yesterday, dropping off registration forms for our comedy improv workshops this Saturday, and they are spit and polished ready for the kids. There is something so exciting about the first day of school. A clean slate. A full year ahead with only last year's report card holding you back, or propelling you forward, however you choose to respond. I heard a quote the other day that absolutely riveted me. Because of its truth. "The truth is your past, a lie is your future". How profound that is, really. A good quote to hang on to don't you think? I've been living in the world of the Glove. Phones, registrations, advertisements and logistics. It's been a whirlwind couple of weeks and it's getting windier. We're having a ball and making a difference. It's a great combination. But I did enjoy seeing Allison off this morning. Sometimes it is nice to just stop and breathe in the moment. This is one of those times. Good Luck Allie, you'll do fine. Jerry has been holding down the fort and keeping us all nourished and motivated. As I said, breathe it in.

No comments: