Thursday, July 9, 2009

Flintstone Fire Department

I remember well the episode of the Flintstones when Barney and Fred joined the fire department in order to get a "boys night out". The alarm would go off and they would meet up with their friends at the firehouse to play cards, etc. The reason this comes to mind is because I am getting ready for another road trip to pick up Allison from her Montauk trip and I realized that Dan's Jennie is away at a Vegan conference, and Rich is alone at their camp as Julie is working down home. How did this happen? Was it merely a coincidence? I can't imagine this perfect storm of bachlorhood happening without some pre-planning. Maybe the three girls did not exhibit the due-diligence required for these three fellas. I'm not sure, but I'm a little suspicious of the whole thing. Already today a fishing trip is brewing. and Jerry is talking about taking out some pizza dough from the freezer and whipping up his famous pizza. For whom? Now, I'm not pointing any fingers but I have been trying to go fishing for a week now, and we've been just too busy. How is it that the day I am driving to Long Island they are now planning a fishing trip? What's that about? I want to go fishing! I am getting my fishing license this week. For sure. I am quite sure Allison will not be interested in joining me. Hopefully Jerry will not be "all fished out". We'll see. How many pizza doughs do you need for one guy? What's going on? The tile is drying beautifully and we both managed to put off the grout for another few days. It looks so great I am almost afraid to do the next step. This is procrastination at its finest. We'll think on this for a few days. As you can see by our blogs, things here are quiet. Very, very quiet. I guess that is what summer is all about. Quiet. That's how I'm leaving here anyway. I have a feeling that as soon as that jeep pulls out of town the quiet will be coming to an end. A Flintstone's Fire, if you know what I mean.

No comments: