Friday, April 17, 2009

More on spring

Good morning. It actually IS good. I'm feeling remarkably better today, although I am almost afraid to step off the porch. We are expecting beautiful weather today, which means I think it is time we get some entertainment in. Jerry has been working like a dog on the garden, and his efforts are paying off. It is beautiful. I am chomping at the bit just waiting to get my hands in that dirt! I do think we need to check into fertilizer, wherever that may come from. Hello Noah! He will know. We are reading in the Almanac that we are Zone 8, which means no real planting until May (really closer to June). So fertilizing and composting is going to become our garden activity for these cooler months where spring is just peeking out. It still gets down to the 20s and 30s at night, and we're still wearing flannels and wool socks to bed (at least I am, thermal man is much more comfortable in this type of weather-he'll be freaking out when it gets up to my temperature comfort zone - 70s, 80s and 90s-Ooooh baby!) We are happily moving towards spring, no matter what we can plant. As we speak, Jerry is taking the bicycles down to the station to put air in the tires. We are taking off on the Fulton Rail-Trail - the old Route of the Gloversville-Johnstown Railroad. It was paved over years ago and is now a walking-biking trail for the residents. We have been anxious to get down there and take a ride-although the whole route is about 12 miles long (all the way to Fonda), we will do it in fits and starts. Pictures will follow - Happy Spring!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jen, I hope your bike has three wheels. You'd probably be better off in a sidecar attached to Jerry's bike !!!

QueenBee said...

It wasn't me this time! Can you believe it?