Thursday, April 2, 2009

Going to the chapel

Jerry has been down for the count this week with a nasty cold, and this is actually the slowest it has been in a long time. I came back from a Long Island road trip on Tuesday, and he was worse than when I had left him on Sunday. He must have missed me. I had the forsight to bring home pizza as I came up the mountain, and was pleasantly surprised to find that a new local pizzeria has mastered a large half plain, half pepperoni. Finally! We have an acceptable pizza here in the north country. Allison and I scarfed it down, and Jerry had a slice too. The dogs were circling and I found out that Bailey does bark. He almost bit Daphne's head off when she tried to help herself to his portion. She operates like Helen Keller before the transformation, just walking around the table and eating off other's plates. Bailey is her Anne Sullivan. He's going to teach her table manners. "Not from MY plate" he said. The weather is crummy, but the temperature is rising each day, making even crummy weather a happy occasion. Allison and I went to the grocery store yesterday, and the true sign of spring's arrival is that the grocery carts are moved to their permanent position outside. During the winter months, they are lined up inside the store, and kept warm and dry for everyone's use. They are brought back in rather quickly so they don't ice up and get stranded in the parking lot. They have quite a few employees designated for this task, and they stay on top of it. Springtime is here, and the carts are lined up outside alongside the building. help yourself. Wooo hoooo! Our dogs are going to be brought to their boarding house this afternoon, in preparation for our trip to Long Island for Nicole and Mike's wedding. This is a big weekend for us all, and the reality of it is just setting in. Although the date has been marked on the calendar for a year, just this week I realized that it is finally happening and I had better get my act together. Our act. With hair and dresses and fittings and shoes and makeup and suits and everything that goes with participating in a wedding, we are going to be packed to the gills when we set out tomorrow. And heaven help me if we forget something, I can't even think of the consequences. I will think positive. . .
I am in awe of Nicole and Mike's preparation and organization. Nicole has managed to make Martha Stewart look like a real slacker. Not an easy task. It will be magical. I remember the old days when I used to slap on a little mascara and lip gloss and off I'd go. Not so any more. I'm thinking we might need to take the BIG truck instead of the Jeep. I have accessories. . . We'll be AWOL again this weekend, but next week will bring pictures and experiences and all kinds of stories. . . stay tuned, it's all good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

10 : 1 odds you forget something......