Saturday, December 27, 2008

The Children were nestled all snug in their beds. . .

And that's the way I like it.
Brian and Ashley are coming later in the week, and Nicole, Mike and Payton are coming later, date to be determined. We are here with the rest of the gang, and loving every minute of it. Yesterday was an outdoor sleighriding day. The quest for the perfect hill was finally realized at the Nick Stoner Golf Course, and a good time was had by all. Of course, we had to defy death and actually try a ride down Mussy Road, which was all it promised to be. An icy and out of control sleigh ride to the bottom, where we were parked in the unlikely event that traffic would come along. None did. We're usually the only traffic on that road. A couple of snowmobiles passed us by, but that was it. We've been eating like hogs, enjoying Jerry's lasagne and delicious Christmas menus. I am now referring to myself as calamity Jen, as the day the kids arrived I was buzzing around, actually feeling pretty good, when I went outside in clogs (croc type - rubber) and of course my feet went out from under me and I landed on my tailbone-hard. I am now hobbling around the house and sitting very delicately. This should last for a few days at least. Never a dull moment. At some point I considered myself somewhat graceful. I no longer do. Clearly, grace has left me. My shoulder is feeling pretty good, and once the butt situation is not an issue, I could safely say that I am in good shape. But I won't do that. It's like flying in the face of God. I no longer ask "what else could go wrong?"because I keep finding out. So, I will enjoy each moment for it's beauty. I will try not to hurt myself, and stay out of trouble. I no longer have to quit smoking as a New Year's resolution, so I have to find some kind of self-improvement habit to take on. This may be it: Don't hurt yourself. How hard could that be?

No comments: