Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween

It's finally here! The big day has arrived and I am off to work shortly. I was up and at 'em bright and early this morning, as Allison missed her bus. Again. Those contact lenses require more time in the morning than she is allowing. Aaahhh, the widsom of age. I happen to know that I require about two hours to get my act together, which is why I am so enjoying my 10-3 job. I can actually get there and not feel terribly rushed. But today should be a new experience. Halloween in a costume shop. COOL! The customers coming in are much more receptive to our suggestions, as they realize time's a wastin', not to mention that costume's are flying off the racks. Allison's Alice in Wonderland arrived and we are all set for tonight. Here in upstate New York the towns are assigned Trick or Treat times, and people generally abide by them. That is new to us. In Glen Cove the doorbell started at 2:30 or so with the wee ones, and didn't let up until we turned out the lights at 9 or 9:30 with a sign on the door that said "see ya next year!" It was probably at least 300 kids then. We are going to a party tonight at a family from church who throws a party each year and your admittance is a bag of candy. They live in a very populated neighborhood near the Junior High School, and Father Ted says that the trick or treating does go beyond the published 6-8 PM suggested times. We'll see. It's all new and fun. Allison will be TorT in that neighborhood with friends from school, and is looking forward to tonight, as we are. It's Friday and it's all Good. Here are some more pictures from my trip to school at 7:15 this morning. Enjoy. Not a bad way to start the day.

No comments: