Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Noah-my new best friend

The cabinets are here. They are here in the living room because Dan and Jerry went and picked them up yesterday from Noah's workshop. Complete and gorgeous. I have never seen such workmanship. They are works of art, truly. They are also incredibly heavy. You don't get solid wood without it weighing more than the average cabinet. I think Dan is rueing the day he ever met us. His back is saying "no more!" We are going to tackle the installation today, however, I am at a disadvantage (or is it Jerry's disadvantage) as my shoulder is still sore, and I am sore all over due to yesterday's installation of the laundry room floor (peel and stick - did I mention that we have laundry?) As I knew would happen, everything is ready at the same time. But we are excited and thrilled, and wearing incredibly clean clothes. By the end of the week, we should be somewhat more functional, and certainly more organized. On to the bathroom! Those appliances should be here NEXT week. You have to break a few eggs to make an omelet. We are in the egg-breaking phase. Thanks Noah - high five.

No comments: