Monday, July 28, 2008

Bigfoot

If you google our address, North Bush Road, you will find that in 1998 there was a Bigfoot sighting on our road. It was investigated by the Bigfoot Research Association, which is the agency that follows sightings around the world and classifies them according to believability. The sighting on our road was classified A - highly dependable. Hmmmmm. If you go to the research site you can read the entire report. http://www.bfro.net/GDB/show_report.asp?id=4286 Now I don't want to cast any doubt on the Bigfoot Research Association, but if you read between the lines there are alot of facts that are questionable. Two youths out at 2:00 in the morning stop to relieve themselves. There was no alcohol involved as the youths were underage. really. Underage drinkers are right in there giving all the facts to the authorities. you bet ya. I am not convinced of the existence of Bigfoot, nor am I convinced that it doesn't exist. Researchers are constantly coming up with new fish or other fossils that were previously unknown. It is possible that an obscure mammal such as bigfoot could be roaming the northern hemisphere and still fall under the radar of researchers. Probable? not really, but certainly possible. Never say never. until it is proven that bigfoot does NOT exist, I will still consider the possibility that it does. And I will take the necessary precautions living here in the northeast woods. I won't go hiking at night. And I won't stop in the woods at 2:00 a.m. to relieve myself. Other than that, I think we can coexist nicely. Never has a bigfoot wandered into a campsite or backyard of humans, and I don't expect him to start now. We sit out at the campfire and the woods are there, with all kinds of unknown noises and calls of the wild. Some I recognize, some I do not. That's OK. We don't have to know the species of everything. Just stay in your part of the woods, and I'll stay in mine. If, however, you are interested in reading more about bigfoot, go to the BFRO site and check it out. They seem to be out there. I do believe that Bigfoot holds less danger for us than even mosquitos, or flys. The flys are out now, and they are a son-of-a-gun. Incredibly annoying. More so than Bigfoot. It pays to have a nice healthy and smokey campfire going, which alleviates all the flying pests. I just hope that Bigfoot doesn't go for s'mores, or we're screwed.

No comments: